"Innovation Showcase is a must-attend event for all start-ups, VCs and telecom execs that aim to play a big future role in the commuications sector."
—Daniel Heer / Zeotap
Telecom Council's Innovation Showcase is an annual search for communications startups who demonstrate not only innovative solutions that can change the way people communicate, but also a viable means to bring that solution to market. All they need to really take off is the right introductions to the right strategic partners.
ABOUT THE SHOWCASE
While there are many competitions for startups setting out on their entrepreneurial journey, the Telecom Council’s Innovation Showcase is designed to discover market-ready communications startups, with deployment-ready technologies, and introduce them to industry partners best placed to help them take their business to the next stage. With 10 years of experience of introducing communications startups to communications service providers and vendors, the Telecom Council, through its ComTech Forum, Service Provider Forum and IoT Forum, has helped countless young companies take off.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING REVIEWED FOR THE CLASS OF 2019
Over 100 young companies have applied, each hoping to be introduced to our member tech scouts. During the adjudication process, applications will be scrutinized, secondary sources consulted, and conversations embarked upon as we search for the best of the best to name to this year's class. Winners will enjoy recognition across our membership and beyond through press releases, online promotion and social media.
The Innovation Showcase Class of 2019 will be announced late March.
2019 JUDGES INCLUDE
INNOVATION SHOWCASE DEMO DAY 2019
Date to be announced.
Through a combination of on-stage presentations, hands-on demos, and pre-scheduled 1-on-1 meetings, up to 20 applicants will meet with tech scouts from global carriers and tier one vendors to discover innovation, exchange opinions, explore partnership opportunities, all with the aim of getting the right technology to the market, faster.
Demo Day participants should expect:
- PITCH OPPORTUNITY: 10-minute pitches by select showcase companies to introduce themselves to Telcos, Vendors, Partners and Investors.
- MATCHMAKER TOOL: 10-minute 1-on-1 meetings between select Class of 2018 companies and Telcos, Vendors and Investors who see potential for partnership.
- MARKETING: Email inclusion to 1000s of telecom professionals, listing on the Telecom Council website for 1 year, social media promotion and use of the Innovation Showcase icon to publicize your participation in the Showcase.
- EXPERT PANEL: Experts from M&A, private equity, and investment banking talk to attendees about exit strategies.
- AWARDS: Recognition for the Startup who secures the most meetings and eligibility for a 2019 SPIFFY Award.
Participation Packages start at $2,500 for a Demo Table, $4,000 for Pitch, Demo and Matchmaker
PAST INNOVATION SHOWCASES
- 2018 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, Class of 2018
- 2017 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, Class of 2017
- 2016 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, March 18 at Juniper Aspiration Dome
- 2015 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, May 29 at Juniper Aspiration Dome
- 2014 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, Sept 9-11 at CTIA 2014
- 2013 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, May 21-23 at CTIA 2013
- 2012 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, May 8-10 at CTIA 2012
- 2011 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, March 22-23 at CTIA 2011
- 2011 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, May 17-20 at TIA2011
- 2010 INNOVATION SHOWCASE, Oct 6-8 at CTIA Apps & Entertainment 2010