"Innovation Showcase is a must-attend event for all start-ups, VCs and telecom execs that aim to play a big future role in the commuications sector."
—Daniel Heer / Zeotap
ABOUT THE SHOWCASE
While there are many competitions out there for startups setting out on their entrepreneurial journey, the Telecom Council’s Innovation Showcase is designed to discover market-ready communications startups, with deployment-ready technologies, and introduce them to industry partners best placed to help them take their business to the next stage. With 10 years of experience of introducing communications startups to communications service providers and vendors, the Telecom Council, through its ComTech Forum and IoT Forum, has helped countless young companies take off.
Telecom Council's Innovation Showcase is an annual search for communications startups who demonstrate not only innovative solutions that can change the way people communicate, but also a viable means to bring that solution to market. All they need to really take off is the right introductions to the right strategic partners.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED TO BE PART OF THE CLASS OF 2018
It is free to apply, and there is no charge associated with being named to the Class of 2018.
All applications will be evaluated by a mix of tech scouts from global telcos, telecom vendors, and communications investors. Winners will enjoy recognition across our membership and beyond through press releases, online promotion and social media.
- Applications Due: February 23rd
- Innovation Showcase Class of 2018 Announced: March 12th
INNOVATION SHOWCASE DEMO DAY:
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 in Santa Clara
The Class of 2018 will be invited to participate in the Innovation Showcase Demo Day. The Demo Day includes:
- PITCH OPPORTUNITY: 10-minute pitch on stage presenting your proposition to Telcos, Vendors, Partners and Investors.
- MATCHMAKER TOOL: 10-minute 1-on-1 meetings with those Telcos, Vendors and Partners who see potential in your proposition.
- SOLUTION SPOTLIGHT TABLE: In person demos throughout the day to further the conversation after your pitch or 1-on-1 meeting. Demo your technology to the press and public in an open session at the end of the day.
- MARKETING: Email inclusion to 1000s of telecom professionals, listing on the Telecom Council website for 1 year, social media promotion and use of the Innovation Showcase icon to publicize your participation in the Showcase.
- AWARDS: Recognition for the Startup who secures the most meetings and eligibility for a 2018 SPIFFY Award.
- FLEXIBLE PRICING: Reserve a demo table, add a pitch and/or introductions, or take all three! Prices start at $2,000.
We know that building a company in this industry can be a long, expensive process. Just finding the right person to pitch your proposition can be like finding a needle in a haystack and subsequent meetings scattered over several months can take a huge chunk out of your Bus Dev budget.
We also know that established Telecom companies spend a lot of time, energy, and resources looking for new, upwardly mobile, progressive companies and innovations, and have come to rely on the Showcase as an opportunity to see many new and disruptive technologies all in one place.
2018 JUDGES INCLUDE
PAST INNOVATION SHOWCASES 2010 - 2016