Telecom Council's MatchMaker service is available several times each year at our bigger meetings where part of the agenda is dedicated to introductions, private meetings, and partnership discussions.
MatchMaker delegates set their profiles and preferences in advance of the event, and use the MatchMaker to accept, request, decline, and schedule meetings with other delegates. Generally, these meetings are 10-minutes with multiple representatives from each company around a table and a laptop, but may also happen at a demo table depending on the event.
The result is 100s of meaningful 10-minute, private meetings. On average, delegates who use our MatchMaker service get more introductions and more continuing conversations than they expected. At TC3 Summit the record for tech scouts went to a telco who took 43 meetings over 2 days, and the record for a technology provider went to a Series A IoT startup who got 21 meetings.
This video shows interviews with companies who used the MatchMaker about how they used it and the value created through their MatchMaker Meetings.
Taking networking beyond the serendipitous, the TC MatchMaker encourages delegates to plan their networking strategy and focus on those delegates who are best placed to move their business goals forward. With built-in messaging available before and after the event, the face-to-face meetings commence without pre-amble and follow-up is easy.
- Filter attendees to find the right technology match
- Exchange messages prior to the event with prospective partners
- Pre-schedule back-to-back 10 minute meetings maximising networking success
- Meet with the right person to move your business goals forward
- Continue the conversation post-event via the portal
POSITION YOUR PROPOSITION
A well phrased elevator speech, succinct product profiles, photos and images, all contribute to introduce your innovation prior to the event. An intuitive interface makes setting up profiles easy and effective.
- Profiles are set up prior to the MatchMaking event and can be reviewed and updated as needed
- Add personal details, including photo so that prospective partners can recognize you
- Add company profile, including logo, descriptions, keywords for meaningful matches
- Add product profiles, include images, descriptions, development stage, market segment for focused conversations
MatchMaking takes place online in the 2-3 weeks running up to the event, with the majority of meetings scheduled in the 7 days immediately preceding the show. Companies can field multiple delegates, requests are allocated a specific time and location, may be accepted, declined, reallocated, rescheduled or waitlisted, dependent on your individual goals.
- MatchMaking may be phased to maximize results, for example
Phase 1: Match startups with carriers and sponsors
Phase 2: Match startups with carriers, sponsors and Tier 1 vendors
Phase 3: Match with all attendees
- “MyMatch” recommendation tool to identify interesting participants
- Private meeting area
- Pre-event and on-site support
"Easily the most efficient and informative "one on one meeting" Matchmaker format ever experienced in decades of attending similar events."
—Mark Brady / Managing Director, Clarke Belt 2.0 – TC3 2017
"TC3 is the only conference I've been to who has figured out how to do MatchMaking effectively, and it makes a HUGE difference in the time spent before the conference, planning meetings."
—Christina Claure / Business Development Manager, Sprint – TC3 2017